Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. What was performed on May 19th, 1962, at Madison Square Garden, ten days in advance of John F. Kennedy’s 45th birthday?
2. Who was “Sports Illustrated’s first “Sportsman of the Year” in 1954? The world remembers him as the first person to run a mile under four minutes.
3. In this book, characters act as individual books and firefighters, whose job is to set fire to books. The title of the book is hence a reference to the ignition point of the paper. Which book?
4. Josef Keller claimed this dessert’s invention in its present form when he prepared it in 1915 at Café Agner in Bad Godesberg. Although there are many varieties worldwide, German law mandates a particular ingredient to label it with the common name. What dessert?
5. What was the 1959 autobiographical novel written by E.R. Braithwaite, based on the actual events concerned with Braithwaite taking up a teaching job in a school in the East End of London? In 1967, a movie starring Sidney Poitier was made based on the book. (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)