Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. In what Grand Slam singles tennis tournament are The Norman Brookes and Daphne Akhrust trophies presented?
2. In 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, which regional and political union of fifteen African countries was formed? They signed a revision of the treaty in 1993.
3. Which animated movie character’s name is derived from the German word meaning ‘terror’ or ‘fright’ and in Yiddish meaning ‘monster’?
4. Lewis Wallace, an American lawyer, Union general, diplomat, and author, is best known for his 1880 historical adventure story, considered the most influential Christian book of the 19th century. Based on the book, a movie was made in 1959. What book?
5. This photograph is that of the Rolex Learning Centre. Which European university campus houses this learning centre? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)