Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. In 1847, Michigan became the first US state to abolish what sort of punishment except for treason (in 1962, it was completely abolished)? Currently, this form of legal penalty exists in 28 states.
2. Created in the early part of the 21st century, the name for this chemical element with atomic number 113 was finally approved in 2016. By what name (Asian country) do we know this element?
3. Which racing driver tragically died in 2019 (aged 22) following a racing accident during the 2019 Spa-Francorchamps Formula 2 right during the 2019 Belgian GP weekend?
4. As it stands, name the two male actors to have won the Best Actor Oscar and share a last name. One actor won in 1979 and 1988 and the other won it in 2005.
5. Its first appearance was as a license plate in the Family Dog episode of Amazing Stories. It has appeared in many Disney and Pixar movies and is currently the classroom of the first-year graphic design studio at California Institute of the Arts. What? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)