Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are the five questions!
1. Who became the first unseeded player to win the Men’s singles title at Wimbledon, winning the title with an ace in 1985?
2. There are six-coin denominations in the Japanese yen currency. What feature has been retained only for 5 yen and 50-yen coins?
3. Who became the first actress to win an Oscar for a French-speaking role? She won the award for playing the role of the singer Édith Piaf.
4. So, the story goes – During an execution, Margaret Dickson was hung, but then she awoke after the execution when her body was being carted away. Under British law, she was free to go as her punishment had been carried out. To avoid such instances, what two-word was added to every sentence of hanging in the future?
5. What 19th-century French neo-impressionistic artist, who used thousands of tiny dots in his paintings, created A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of la Grande Jatte? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)