Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are the five questions!
1. The name of which part of the brain, the largest and associated with higher functions like control of voluntary actions, processing information from the sense organs, etc., comes from Latin for ‘brain’?
2. In Oct 2016, the employees mainly women in Iceland were leaving work at precisely 2:38 pm to protest. What was the protest about?
3. What Swiss capital city (of a canton) is located on both sides of the river Saane/Sarine? It is one of the three bi-lingual cantons of Switzerland.
4. When he discussed his findings publicly on 3 Nov 1906 at the meeting of Southwest German Psychiatrists, the attendees at the lecture were uninterested and eagerly awaited the next lecture on the topic of “compulsive masturbation’. The disease was named after him in 1910. Who/which disease?
5. In what city is Taksim Square located? In this square is the famous Republic Monument located, commemorating the country’s founding in 1923. (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)
Image – Bryce Edwards