Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are the five questions!
1. San Diego International Airport was once named after an aviation pioneer, where he tested his flight before the historic 1927 adventure. Who?
2. Peter Shaffer won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for the 1984 movie that is a fictionalised biography of a musician. Which musician?
3. Which fashion house used 140 Polish and 40 French forced workers during the Nazi occupation of Europe where, according to a book authored by Roman Koester, said, “hygiene levels and food supplies were extremely uncertain at times”?
4. Born on 5 December 1927 in Massachusetts, his U.S. birth certificate has the name “Baby Songkla”, as his parents had to consult his uncle for an auspicious name. The name chosen was of Sanskrit origin meaning ‘Strength of the Land, Incomparable Power’. Who?
5. An 18-foot work by the sculptor Wu Weishan, a gift from the Chinese Government was unveiled in 2018 May in Trier, Germany, as a part of the 200th birth anniversary of which person? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)