Quizzing opened up the world even before I heard the term ‘globalisation’. Researching a quiz is navigating through different eras, across countries, and touching a gamut of topics. At present, that’s the number one reason to wake up, be it on a sunny morning, or on a dark winter day.
Here you go, five questions for the day!
1. On April 22, 1915, Germans used the 150 tons of lethal gas against two French colonial divisions at Ypres, Belgium. It was the first major gas attack by the Germans. What gas?
2. This Hollywood couple shares the same birthday (25th September) and their romance was in full bloom on the set of the movie Traffic. They married in 2000 and have a 25-year difference in their ages. What couple?
3. Karl Marx described this Swiss town in ‘Das Kapital’ and is credited with establishing Switzerland as a centre of watchmaking. Name this town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. This Belgian comic franchise was created by Peyo and first made its appearance in the story, Flute with Six Holes. Their village is made up of mushroom-like houses of different shapes and sizes. What comic?
5. Formed in 1948 and officially disbanded after the 1989 revolution, the Securitate was the feared secret police of which country? (PICTURE)
(SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS)
2. Catherine-Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas
3. La Chaux-de-Fonds
4. The Smurfs