Here are the five questions of the day!
1. Comprising more than 7000 islands of which about 2,000 are inhabited, Luzon, Mindanao, Samar, Negros are some of the biggest islands in which Asian country?
2. The sagas of ancient Scandinavian referred to this country as ‘Eistland’. The Danish, German, Swedish, and Norwegian still use a name that sounds like Eistland. Which country?
3. Which internationally known hotel chain was established by Air France in 1972 “to provide a home away from home for its customers”?
4. In 1499, an expedition led by Alonso de Ojeda visited the coastal areas of this modern-day country. Amerigo Vespucci who was part of the expedition got reminded of Venice and hence named it ‘Little Venice’. Which country?
5. What famous puppet (a green duckling) often used by the ventriloquist Keith Harris (1947–2015) and was named after one of the aviation pioneers?
(SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS)
2. Estonia – it is Eistland in Icelandic
3. Le Meridien
4. Venezuela – the Spanish word for Veneziola (Little Venice)
5. Orville Wright