Tonight will mark the first edition of The Qwizz Hour. It will be a short quiz spread across six rounds and in a total of 30 questions. Excited and at the same curious to see how this goes.
Until then, how about we get back to the main point of this mail, the five questions of the day!
1. What hashtag was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime and later Trayvon was posthumously placed on trial for his own murder?
2. In 1949, Alec Pompaz, a scout for the New York Giants baseball team recommended that the team sign this 23-year old pitcher. The team refused and this young man went on to become famous in the world of politics. Who?
3. Princess of the Night, Honolulu Queen, queen of the night, Christ in the Manger, Dama de Noche are some of the names given to the species of flower with the scientific name Selenicereus grandiflorus. How are they different from regular flowers?
4. In the television series Perils of Pauline, every episode ended with the lead actress hanging across the steep rock face at the edge of the sea, leaving the audience in suspense. What English word is derived from this?
5. Who taught herself to paint while recovering from a 1925 bus accident that required 35 surgeries? (PICTURE)
(SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS)
2. Fidel Castro
3. They bloom only once a year, for a single night.
5. Frida Kahlo