FACT FOOD #810

The Book of Kells, one of the greatest medieval art works was created around the year 800 AD. The name comes from the monastery of Kelly, Ireland. In 1653, the Book of Kells was brought to Dublin after a fire destroyed the monastery of Kells. Since 1661, the book has been safeguarded by Trinity College. It is in display to public at the Old Library of the college. The digital copy can be found here –