FACT FOOD #419

The first electric traffic light was installed and used in Cleveland, Ohio on August 5, 1914. Lester Wire was the man behind this idea of electric traffic light and it was placed at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East 105th Street. However, this wasn’t the first traffic lights – in late 19th century, gas-operated lights were used and after an explosion prompted to stop the project in England.